We’re well-known in Dunstable and other nearby areas for our Profhilo treatment, which rejuvenates the skin from underneath for a firmer, plumper and more youthful appearance. In this post, we’ll talk about how to care for your skin following Profhilo, as well as outlining a bit more about the treatment.
What exactly is Profhilo?
It’s a filler, but not in the traditional sense of volumising the skin or sculpting it – it’s more about making the skin appear tight and smooth. It’s most commonly used in the neck, and also the face, helping to combat a crepey appearance.
Like fillers, it’s made with hyaluronic acid (a substance found naturally in our bodies), but is more ‘pure’ in the sense that it doesn’t contain any additives. This means Profhilo is bio-compatible and skin-safe, even for those with allergies.
Why should I have treatment?
We call Profhilo a filler and skin booster rolled into one – a treatment that boosts collagen production for tighter, smoother skin, while hydrating with hyaluronic acid. It’s ideal for those with loose or saggy skin around the neck, as it can create a lifting effect that still looks natural.
How much do I need?
You’ll usually have 2 Profhilo treatments, 4 weeks apart, to maximise results. However, we can work with you on this and will offer more if we think it’s necessary. We can also recommend sister products that could further elevate your results, for instance in the case of creating a lifting effect, we may recommend anti-wrinkle treatments.
What does Profhilo aftercare involve?
– Avoiding alcohol and aspirin, which could cause bruising, for 48 hours
– Avoiding extreme temperatures/treatments, which can lead to swelling, for 2 weeks
– Avoiding make-up in the first 12 hours
– Avoiding vigorous exercise for 48 hours
– Protecting the skin from the sun, as it may be sensitive (which we think should be done every day, regardless!). This could include covering exposed areas, seeking shade when the sun is at its hottest and using a daily sun care product of SPF30 or higher.
Why should I choose Cosmetier?
We’re well-regarded in Dunstable and other nearby areas for our care and expertise, and our team work hard to create real, lasting results you’ll love, which are as natural as possible. If you’re looking for Profhilo treatment or any other facial aesthetic procedure, then why not get in touch and see what we could do for you?